PETER LANC – HUMAN RESOURCES
Cadillac -MI 49601
Work and Cell: 231-920-0010
HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE: SEEKING OPPORTUNITIES TO DEVELOP ORGANIZATIONS
With proven success guiding organizational, process, quality and cultural transformations that deliver results in profitability, productivity, client satisfaction, talent retention and financial stability.
Brings experience that spans corporate and non-profit organizations in Healthcare, IT/Software, Retail, Media, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and Addiction and Recovery.
Has a unique talent for seeing “the art of the possible” in people, teams and organizations.
Understands what it takes to rally employees, clients and stakeholders around a shared vision, mission and mandate. Is skilled at thinking at strategic tactical and operational levels.
Recognizes ingrained assumptions and patterns of operation that no longer make good business sense, and offers practical, cost-effective and value-based solutions that will work both in the short and the long term.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Human Resources and Operational Leadership • Strategic Planning • Workforce Succession planning • Organizational Development • Talent Management • Diversity and Inclusion Strategies • Performance and Reward Programs • Aligning Corporate Culture and Decision Making with Business Goals • Leadership programs • Lead Union Negotiator • Benefits, Pensions, Wellness, and Rehabilitation Programs • Business Process Improvements • Performance Management & Motivation • Executive compensation • Leadership coach and mentor • Architect of Business Performance solutions through People Strategies • Organizational design.
St. Josephs’ Addiction Treatment and Recovery Centers, Health Care-NY
Chief Talent Officer
- Developed a new leadership Academy program for all employees; refocused the financial structure and organizational viability and strength of the organization.
- Developed operational metrics for the whole agency and was deeply involved in the strategic plans of a new 25-bed hospital wing and the strategic positioning of the organization.
Core Leadership and Communications, Cadillac-MI
Partnered the launch of a business consultancy that advises start-up, growth-oriented and non-profit organizations on business planning, talent management, employee engagement and organizational change
VP Human Resources /Business Partner
- Implementation of an EMR pilot into a large Hospital in England.
- Developed strategic business and HR plans for non-profits and for-profit retail businesses increasing sales and profitability, branding, increased customer products/services and employee performance.
- Redesigned United Way from fundraiser to community leader resulting increased donations and alliances.
- Worked with the Small Business Alliance to deliver performance and leadership programs focused on employee accountability and competences to small businesses.
Mercy Hospital Cadillac, Cadillac-Mi
Non-profit primary and acute care hospital, providing health care to more than 80,000 residents across seven counties. Part of Trinity Health – the fourth-largest Catholic health system in the USA. (750 employees and volunteers)
CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER / CLINIC ADMINISTRATOR, Physicians Office
Provided leadership for all HR operations. After rebuilding the HR function into a strategic partnership model, I took on an expanded role in business transformations both within Mercy Hospital Cadillac and in Trinity Health. Additionally provided HR strategic support to three other area hospitals.
- Improved employee motivation and engagement levels by 20% – $500,000 which resulted in our becoming the lowest cost, highest engagement hospital in our system.
- Improving interdepartmental efficiency and time to hire, lowering the cost ratio of employees at the hospital to less than 45%.
- Streamlined the performance review management process.
- Lead negotiator in Union bargaining and negotiations –pioneered a “Code Flex” model, gave the organization the flexibility to respond to changing demands without increasing staffing costs.
- Refocused benefits programs, reducing cost and introduced an innovative case management system.
- Hired a 6-sigma black belt and trained 12 lean process champions and improved discharge times.
- Took over administration of the physician offices, to be more financially viable, cut wait times to zero, and attracted new patients. Increased revenue by $300,000. Ddeveloped a best-in-class in-house billing team- revenue cycle team. Reduced A/R days to less than 25 days for OBGYN. I also launched occupational medicine services, to meet community needs.
Fox 33 TV Station, Cadillac-MI
Engaged by the Owner to implement new business strategies and process improvements in order to enhance the franchise’s financial picture in a saturated broadcast market.
- Increased business processes in human resources, sales and revenue. Achieved higher sales and margins
Independent Community Living, Wales – UK
Privately owned: assisted living services for adults with developmental and mental health issues. Launched in 2001 with the objective of creating a viable business that could be taken public or sold within one year
HEAD OF PERSONNEL
Approached by the company founder to spearhead recruitment, screening and on boarding of 350 employees in 12 facilities, including all clinical, medical and administrative functions and prepare business for an IPO.
- Implemented best practices for professional development and performance management, earned the prestigious Investors in People Award. Top People award for Industry
Dolphin Telecom, Basingstoke-UK
Mobile network: provided telephone services in the UK, Germany, France and Spain. Backed by a Canadian investor with an aggressive expansion strategy
EUROPEAN HR DIRECTOR
- Developed a Strategic HR Business Plan for European operations, which included: a new compensation model that resulted in 5% increase in sales per associate.
- Introduced a new recruitment & retention strategy that enabled the company to attract and retain 250 top caliber candidates; and a performance management program that was directly tied to compensation and benefits.
Avon Rubber and Plastics, Melksham -UK
World-leading supplier of products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and business machine sectors
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR, Europe and North America/Personnel Manager/Personnel Officer
3000 employees and 7 plants globally. Involved with mergers and acquisitions and divestments
- Project managed the human resources aspects of a £19 million state-of-the-art manufacturing and head office facility, and a £13 million purpose-built polymer-mixing centre.
- Reduced labor costs by $375k per annum by restructuring wage and benefits plans and tighter controls on overtime, consolidated operations: changes to working practices, conditions of employment and trade union arrangements.
- Established industry-leading practices and reduced training costs and safety incidents and implemented new succession planning and performance management processes
- Came to the USA to introduce training standards to US operations and achieved $750k in savings while earning the USA industry award for Health and Safety Excellence.
Masters – Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK
Bachelors – Post Graduate Honors Diploma – Heriot-Watt University (Chartered Institute of Personnel Management), UK)
Associates – Higher National Diploma – Business Administration, Heriot Watt University, UK
Motivational and Psychometric Behaviors Instruments – Team Development – Transformational Coach – Cadillac Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program
Professional Affiliations and Volunteer Work:
President, United Way, Board Member of Saranac Lake Chamber of Commerce; Rotarian; Paul Harris Fellow; Achievement award – City of Cadillac for my work with the Community