Monthly Archives: October 2012
I often speak to folks about the extraordinary things ordinary people can do when they put their mind to it.
We do put many expectations on folk!
It seems thought that during those conversations some people simply say, “ Sometimes doing the ordinary things in life is a struggle”.
It’s true; life throws many curve balls at us each and every day. Being ordinary is pretty special because being so means a great deal to many.
They have gone through much to get to be ordinary
Ordinary people are special lets not ever forget that.
There are some folks out there who cannot even be ordinary. They want to make life a drag on everyone around them.
Then there are others who make ordinary very special.
Inspired by “Buck” the movie with Buck Brannaman
- Be OBSESSIVE in reaching your goal. Be ADAPTIVE AND NIMBLE in the strategies to achieve those goals
- Be TENATIOUS and INVENTIVE in all your efforts to remove obstacles
- Commit yourself to QUALITY PERFORMANCE in all facets of your teams working
- Be INSPIRED by the vision of what you are attempting to achieve
- Actively BUILD RELATIONSHIPS both informal and formal to include people who matter and can support your goals
- Be ACCESSIBLE to team members and communicate strongly what the goals stand for, WELCOME comments from those outside your team
- RESPOND quickly and positively to opportunities. Do not wait for things to happen rather ANTICIPATE and ACT
- INFLUENCE is based on CREDIBILITY rather than title
- INTUITION is a key competence of your team achieving its goals
- CREATIVITY and INNOVATION must be nurtured
- VALUE people for their contribution and added value rather than status or position
- CONSTANTLY look for new ways to DESIGN
- ALWAYS be prepared to work the DETAIL as well as the STRATEGY