Monthly Archives: April 2014
- Texting; since when is “texting in” sick permitted and acceptable? Hearing “I texted you I was going to be late”, as I am waiting to get in the front door of the office.
- Leaving early, coming in late, taking long lunches
- Hair appointments, massages, nails, etc.
- Kids schedules, taking the pets to the vet, have parent teacher conference, etc.
- Doctor appointment, dentist, eyes, etc.
- I am traveling this weekend, so I am leaving early on Friday
The list goes on, this is not normal. And not acceptable!
Maybe I am jealous, that I can’t bring myself to “text” in sick, or maybe it is because I have to cover their time away, or maybe I was raised not to take advantage.
Maybe I was given a conscience and a work ethic!
I have two children in their 20’s now, I worked their years in school, and I never called in, never came in late, never scheduled an appointment during work hours. Schools know that parents’ work, hair, nails, and massages came after work, and we did not text in sick.
Just imagine; working in a factory, 7am to 3pm shift and walking up to your supervisor “I have a hair appointment at 1pm today, could you get someone to run my press”. Right, that is not going to happen ever, anywhere.
I am not sure why we have office hours, it really doesn’t matter, and who abides by them?
Thoughts of Sister Mae I