This is what I found out!
- Engagement without direction or purpose is wasted effort and is unacceptable.
- Doing nothing about the “internal terrorists” the disengaged is simply not doing your job and will kill your business.
- A lack of understanding of what to do with those that are engaged means a lack of management competence.
- Engagement starts in the hiring process. The computer adage of “garbage in garbage out” is appropriate.
- Engagement also reaches out to the community in which your business exists and your community is your business world.
This is what works!
- Link your engagement scores to your customer satisfaction scores.
- Make it a daily conversation in your team meetings.
- Identify who really is part of your team.
- Understand the thought that making customers want to come to you and recommend you to others is the goal and it gives focus to all what you do.
- Engagement means identifying how you motivate the hearts and minds.
- Involve your suppliers in the conversation; they are as much a part of your business success as your own employees.
- Include customers. They will help you with the key question of how you are translating engagement into their experience.
- Identify how the values and your mission are enhanced by higher engagement.
- Get those employees “ who have quit and stayed” off the bus.
- Remember that engagement starts with you.