When leaders produce positive energy: They create rainbows, sunshine and an environment where golden innovative ideas and effective and lasting relationships are born and nurtured.
- Leaders create a symphony for followers to each play a role that matters.
- Leaders give blessings and know that positive recognition is fundamental to the soul.
- Leaders understand and ask how can I serve you to help develop the best version of you.
- Leaders understand they do not do it for themselves.
- Leaders understand that their role is to teach, coach words that turn words into enabling powerful thoughts and actions.
- Leaders create an inspirational powerful story that ignites imagination.
Leaders understand that they are powerful storytellers that change the world and that their voice is only one!
Hrmexplorer January 2016
Picture courtesy of The storytellers manifesto by Jeanette LeBlanc
As we move into the New Year I can’t but help thinking that we all get bogged down along the way with too much clutter.
Clutter that distracts confuses and keeps us from what we really wanted to do and when we reflect we remind ourselves of all those resolutions we set ourselves and didn’t achieve.
So lets think of how we manage our very own hard drive in 2015.
- Lets keep in front and center – that which makes a real difference in our lives.
- Erase the remarks that people say to hurt us and drain our battery.
- Let’s not over sweat the small stuff, keep a clear picture of what’s important.
- Remember WHO and WHAT s important in our lives and take care of those things.
- Don’t fill our hard drive with STUFF that drains our time and energy.
- Recharge our hard drive by connecting with those who give us energy.
- Constantly refresh our hard drive for superior thinking and performance.
- Throw in the trash that which becomes redundant and obsolete.
- Constantly upgrade our hard drive through what we learn and what we experience.
- Remember what is in our hard drive determines the who the what and the how of ME.
Many conversations start with a question!
How are you? How have you been? What have you been up to? And so on.
How did you feel when you were asked the questions? Did you feel like Oh Jeeze no!
We have all been there particularly when things have not been going so well. We have all had those moments…some moments lasting longer than others..
How do those moments change us? Have we become more than one person?
Different with different people…
I come across many people who tell me they are different people when they are at home than when they are at work.
Its not surprising to hear this I hear you say. Many of us show up differently given different circumstances.
The problem is who are we really?
The Questions of Faith and Fear
How do we show up each day?
What do we want to show and importantly what do we want to hide?
What do we want people to think of us?
What are we afraid of if we really show who we are?
Scorecards are life cards!
The thing is from the moment we were born we had a scorecard…how heavy, how long. What color eyes…… and so on.
It continued through infancy through to schools and sports, what were we good at what did we suck at!!
Remember first impressions and lasting impressions?
Life is a scorecard and yet when we get to work we are often different, we give lesser of ourselves and to our co-workers in many cases much less and yet…..
Work and Life
Productivity -Be the best you can be
Attendance -Be punctual when meeting friends
Quality -Be present and attentive
Safety -Do no harm to others – build relationships
Discipline -Fairness and honesty – Always
You see the thing is that each defines you and they cannot be separated:
Are all ONE and the only thing you have to decide is whether faith of fear separates the REAL you from showing up.
HRMexplorer November 1st 2014
Picture courtesy of