The art and magic of the real Interview
My mind went to these phrases:
“Character develops with every conversation”. “When minds meet extraordinary things can happen”.
“You can talk and you can listen but there can be little understanding”.
Now we all know about the different types of behavioral assessments and interview techniques.
Indeed there are assessments upon assessments that can develop the right questions to ask based on the profile you have set for a position. The Automated interview has landed!!
To me an interview is simply a conversation! BUT it is a CONVERSATION!
Ah but my Romanian friend would say “yes but not so simple!
Indeed the art is in the conversation!
We have all been subjected to the dreaded interview. We have all been disappointed because they (THE OTHER PERSON!)simply did not understand what we had to offer.
The interview has a number of characteristics
- It gives permission to speak and indeed permission to ask about “us”.
- It is a contract between “us” that is confidential.
- It speaks to a future that we hopefully can both share in.
- It is a platform and a springboard for two minds to develop a relationship of benefit to YOU and ME!
- It has a sensitivity that belies its very essence.
- It develops relationships whether long term or short term.
- It is the BRAND of how you do business and WHO you are!
- It can be the first step of many that creates a brilliant future and ideas that change the world.
- It starts with a simple Hello and the content is about heart and soul and the character you offer.
- It ends with the possibilities and prospects of opportunities.
The interview is only as good as the imagination and the ability of the people who sit down together with the intention of seeking the truth with minds that assumes innocence.
picture courtesy of sodahead.com
Posted on November 27, 2013, in HRMexplorer Blogs and tagged Articles, conversation, development, Future, Human nature;human resources, innocence, Interview, magic. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.