What Morticians can teach Human Resources
Reading a few blogs recently and experiencing myself the insensitivities of HR folks I have began to wonder why many are indeed in the “people business.”
Death brings much emotion to those who survive their loved ones. Yet the recently deceased are often treated better then the living!
The skills of a mortician:
- They respect the deceased and take care of them with great gentleness.
- The mortician speaks to the deceased’s loved ones about what they would like by way of arrangements.
- They dress the deceased to look the very best they can be.
- They carry the deceased with respect and treat them so.
- They are preparing the deceased for their last journey.
- They respect the difference of culture without judgment.
- They strive to foster a cooperative spirit and friendly attitude and a compassionate demeanor toward the families.
- They become involved in recreating the lives of those that are left behind to cope.
- They take great pride in their ability to provide efficient and appropriate services.
10. They simply care with a gentle professionalism.
It seems that they listen, they care, they take care, they prepare and above all they want to give you the very best of their attention. In so doing they make all around feel special.
Certain Extracts taken from: