Is Tradition a good thing for business? The role of Human Resources.
The number of times that I talk to business colleagues’ about the dichotomy of tradition versus future thinking is countless.
What to do with that conversation is the nectar of business performance.
Can you have both? Only if Tradition meets the following.
- Tradition must be of value to what you are doing.
- Tradition must not stop or hinder your progress.
- Tradition must keep up with the changing times.
- Tradition must not be used as a stick called” if it is not broke don’t fix it” or “we have always done that this way.”
- Tradition must not overpower progressive policies, protocols and practices.
- Tradition must be ingrained with creative and energetic “new” thinking.
The role of human resources
- Is to know the difference.
- To have the courage to implement the difference when it is required.
- To stand out from the crowd as a leader that understands the reasons for stepping from one to the other before many others are on board.
- To anticipate when the difference has to be applied.
To know all of the above and know that it is the role of human resources to create new traditions
picture courtesy of noreligionblog.com