Leadership – It’s not what I do but who I am
Where do we get that “identity” that people talk about?
The values, behaviors, the courage, the sense of being rather than doing.
I lead as an expression of who I am not what I do!
I must always be more than my leadership role. I am more than the CEO of my business role.
People see us in our “visible” role. What they really seek is how we live in our invisible consciousness. That which comes from our faith and beliefs, our integrity, our spiritual personality.
Leadership thoughts to live by:
- Do not play at being a leader live to serve others
- Commit fully to being a leader through learning from all around us
- Be truthful to all and listen to everyone, not just those who have influence to advance our career
- Do not speak thoughts that people want to hear, listen to those whispers that advance our spiritual calling
- Understand that leadership is a gift and is not ours to own
- Do not become the “character of being a leader” Be who you really are
- Listen to those who will “ground you” for they have your soul in mind
- Let us know that what we do, we do for the best of our family, friends and the well being of all
- Let us always remember where the roleof leadership starts and ends and that we all have other important life goals to play
- Remind ourselves that we must use our gift as a leader wisely
I have been reading a book that I keep close to me. It gives me inspiration!
It’s called Leadership Prayers. The author is Richard Kreigbaum.