There is a leader in all of us!
John Adair said it when he said we are all leaders. He developed our thinking on situational/ action centered leadership.
He said it well and I think he said it best. We all have it (Leadership) within us when the situation calls and the time comes.
So this is dedicated to every one of us, the managers the followers, the rank and file, all employees whatever level or stage in your career. Whether you are at work or whether you are at home, whether in school or whether retired. We are all leaders, never let anyone say otherwise!
These are the characteristics within us that make us to be leaders. These are the things that you do when you are at your best.
- We take the lead and we show the way
- We inspire others to reach levels within themselves they did not know existed or could imagine
- We challenge the way we do things and we call for all to climb higher
- We enable others and give them authority to attempt things they never did before
- We encourage the heart and soul and to give voice
- We are accountable and we take responsibility
- We set new standards and we are the change
- We have the courage within us to be who we are, so allow yourself to be that person, you do not need to ask for permission
- In reality every one of us is a continuous learner. We were born to learn (and when the time comes to lead).
Leadership is all of our responsibility whether in life or in business.
We are all capable of developing ourselves and accepting the challenge.
And when we start at the bottom of our own personal mountain and stare up, know that we all started the journey with that first step.
Personal thanks for giving me the insights to write this blog to these gurus!
John Adair. http://www.johnadair.co.uk/
Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner.http://www.leadershipchallenge.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-131055.html