The Blessing! – Lessons of life!
In her book She mentioned “The Blessing” by Gary Smalley and John Trent. It’s about us, all of us spending our lives looking for acceptance. Their spiritual book talks about families and relationships. Life and the ideals of parental acceptance.
They identified 5 points to help us pass on the “blessing” to our families.
- Meaningful touch –hugs kisses, intentional and sincere love expressed through touch
- The Spoken Word – Words of kindness, acceptance and admiration
- The expression of high value – Words and actions that show honor and value
- The description of a special future – Using words that give pictures of a special future for the one being blessed
- The application of genuine commitment – Understanding that the role of a parent is to help and support your kids achieve their dreams
Bonnie’s book speaks to servant leadership and women “ on the grow” as well as “on the go” It’s a fantastic read. She enthused us to seek out what it is to really live a life of fulfillment.
She inspired me to reflect on her wise words to think though, how much better our business world would be if we could use these thoughts to make that world a better place.
It does not take much imagination to figure out that if we developed a culture based on:
- Meaningful touch –through inspirational thought and mentorship that touches the hearts and minds of our employees
- The Spoken Word – Words of kindness, acceptance admiration and appreciation for what people do, no matter if they fail- for failure is often the path to success
- The expression of high value – Words and actions that show honor and value and respect for the individual and a realization that you care
- The description of a special future – Using words that give pictures and a vision of what life will be and the inclusive role of everyone and that they have a special role to play in the achievement of that dream
- The application of genuine commitment – Understanding that the role of a leader is to develop followers into their very own leaders and to develop talents that they did not even realize they had or were possible.
To get more information or contact Bonnie and her book here is the weblink
You can also find Bonnie on Facebook, where you can join her in conversation.
Thanks Bonnie, Thanks for those who you inspire and for what you do.