Who do you really work for? A Business Survival checklist!
I do not hear it very often though. Not in the real sense. Not in many interviews or conversations.
To me this question is key to the success and creative energy of any business. The heart and soul and the critical success factor.
It is the difference between delivering “real” customer service and simply ”going through the motion.” It is the difference between developing the soul of your business and its people and killing it.
It is the difference between “seeing and feeling” the energy in people who know what they do to give of their best and have the authority, and seeing those blank lifeless faces with no hope because they have no influence to make a difference.
No way to run a business!! Yet we see this all to often, we see employees who can only shrug their shoulders. Yet it is not their fault! It is the fault of others, those who run the business or believe themselves to be leaders or “owner-bosses.” That is the devastating force of “me-ism”
The question in my lead-header asks you the following business fundamentals.
How do you?
- Include those who work for/with you in conversations and understand their needs and interests.
- Understand how to “really” take care of your customers.
- Figure out how you build relationships with all around you.
- Spend the resources you have to create and develop rather than sustain the business.
- Listen to what co-workers/employees have to say, for they can truly give you insights.
- SUPPORT and DEVELOP those who work for or with you.
- Build Trust and Give your authority away to your employees or co-workers?
- Recover from bad experiences to deliver something extraordinary.
- Know that your employees are not just followers but your very own potential leaders.
- Ground yourself enough to know that it is not you that is the important one.
So my “ask” of you is to know there is a difference and the difference is about quality of life and business. The difference is YOU so go on “be the change.”
Do you create value by empowering those who work for or with you or do you destroy it.
What stories do you have?