Willing to take a risk in 2011? – Well, you won’t do it!
So what does that tell us about ourselves? We fall back into the same old routines!!
What a waste of time and energy and why bother to even make a list?
Here is a message for all of us. We all know the saying “ If we always do what we have always done…” So…
This is the challenge!
- Stop hiring traditional thinking people – you need those who think outside the box they will take your business to a level never dreamed of before.
- Take a risk when you interview, its not about correct spelling and perfect resumes, its about great managing and leadership and creative talent.
- Break the rules and get rid of the “red tape”, stay ethical and legal, and get rid of the roadblocks that stop people doing a great job.
- Consider what the real business issues are, the people, and stop worrying about policies and procedures.
- Take care of your people, I mean really take care of them, and do what you think is best for them not what others say you should do from a book of knowledge.
- Engage people around you by helping them with their needs.
- Get rid of the jargon and speak – really connect – with the folks around you.
- Support and assist people with their performance and your business and motivation and customer stats will all improve!
Do all these things and you will be a great leader, manager, father, husband, friend, coach, but then, you always do what you have always done! So forget it!
Got to mention the Picture: Harvey the Clown- The Juggler