HR folks just don’t get it and it’s getting old!
- HR folks who understand the business.
- HR folks who understand what the needs of their customers really are.
- HR folks who have run parts of business and therefore have credibility when giving advice to line managers.
- HR folks who “feel” the economics of their business environment and act and think like a CEO.
- HR folks who are not all about policies and procedures and are about developing a motivational culture and inclusiveness.
- HR folks who know how to develop and grow a business.
- HR Folks who know it’s about business, marketplace, community and product/service strategy. (Internal and external factors).
So it’s not about focusing on administration or benefits or hiring the right people!
These are givens, part of our toolkit. It’s like saying to a CFO “lets balance the books.”!!
HR is about creating, developing and implementing business solutions that increase bottom line profitability AND sustained performance.
Its getting old! We need to understand that we are Business first and Business last, that way we really are taking care of our employees and not always concentrating on cost reductions.
So lets stop talking about being business partners and start thinking business.
Understand that growing a business also grows the people.
Oh, and finally if HR doesn’t get it don’t expect anyone else!
“From small acorns do great Oak trees grow” Old saying
Picture of English Oak tree photo by John Elliott – Trees in an English Landscape