Break the Golden Rule for Success!
I am here to tell you its plain WRONG!
Here is why!
1. How dare you treat me like you want to be treated. You don’t KNOW ME that well.
2. I am an INDIVIDUAL in my own right and I like different things.
3. What turns you on may not turn me on and that DISENGAGES ME!
4. When you follow the golden rule it means you don’t even have to ASK me.
5. It’s the worst message on customer service. You ASSUME what I like and give me something I don’t want AND YOU THINK YOU DID A GREAT JOB.
6. When you stop thinking about what the OTHER person wants your customer service will never improve and NEITHER WILL YOUR BUSINESS.
7. Keep following the golden rule enough times I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS AWAY.
I could go on but you get the picture. So why do we continue to follow the Golden Rule like Lemmings?
Treat me like I want to be treated ASK ME! That way you have a great chance of keeping me as a customer.
So go on, break the Golden Rule you will have some fascinating conversations and you will be amazed at what you learn.