HR is not a job it’s a mindset.
A few pointers to what it is to be an HR Leader!
Here are some obvious signs of true leadership When:
- We get the fact that when we develop and invest in our people we are investing and developing our organization.
- The CEO and all leaders in the organization talk people and not process or financials.
- HR people are talking business outcomes not benefit programs.
- Values are the same for all and not just full time hires
- People are taken care in the bad times and not let go to cut costs
- Bad times don’t cause us to ”bend the values”.
- We stop facilitating and start “doing” what needs to de done for business success
- HR people are more concerned about what they do for the business and less about their status.
- We speak the language of the business not “HR techy stuff”.
10. We have the courage to stand out when all around you are holding on to today.
11. When we speak inclusiveness and not divisiveness.
12. When we choose people for their character.
When we stop the whining about being at “the table” or being concerned about adding value?
When we get it! The fact that’s its not about us. Rather it’s about those who we serve to create a better environment. When we complete the puzzle!
Posted on July 5, 2010, in HRMexplorer Blogs and tagged Business, Business and Economy, Employment, Human Resources, inclusiveness, Leadership, Management, mindset. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.