Daily Archives: November 10, 2010
I was reminded today in a conversation about the gap that exists between the haves and the have not’s.
We discusses the many great things happening in the “volunteer and agency world”, all regrettably necessary and worthwhile and much of it band-aid, not enough getting to the root cause of the social epidemic.
The problem is, the dreaded “gap” sneaks up on you unexpectedly. One minute, you are a BFF and the next you are off the contacts list on the cell. No longer in the circle of friends!
I notice it a lot and the gap is growing.
What’s is the gap?
- Its two lovers falling apart.
- Its two friends falling out.
- Its one-day owning a house the next day foreclosure.
- It’s families disintegrating.
- It’s a successful business failing.
- Its co-workers getting on each other’s nerves.
- Its people climbing over each other to get to the top.
- It’s one day having a job and then the next day none.
- Its people losing their spirituality because their gap is so wide.
- It’s people losing their faith and crossing to the other side of life.
- It’s people losing faith in people.
- It’s when we get old and loose our loved ones and our friends and we are frail.
You know when it is happening; you can see it and you can feel it.
So. When you see someone who is in a place where they need help to cross “their gap” in life. Help them out.
This life is too short as it is, so go on help those in need of a job, some food some shelter, some clothes some friendship.
It’s what we do. Right?