Why do we make them? We should be doing them if they are important enough.
What does it say about us when we sit down once a year and make them. That we quickly forget them.
How important are they when we have to remind ourselves that we need to do them!
Let’s all agree not to bother and simply do what we should always do.
Be good, be kind and be human.
photo courtesy of freelancefolder.com
I was listening to an NPR program this morning about ART and Beauty. The discussion was do we think we like the ART/ Beauty we see or do we feel the beauty? Our senses often give us a clearer picture then any formulae.
This is an interesting question.
And yet the most dramatic contributions both positive and negative on the performance of any organization are how people FEEL – Yes Emotions!
- Culture – explains the way people are treated and made to feel
- Diversity or Inclusion – the mere fact that we are in or out of the “clique” makes us feel part or apart of the organization
- Behavior – makes us feel great or persecuted depending on how that behavior was demonstrated and enacted on us
- The Golden and the Platinum rule – speaks about how people are being treated.
- Motivation - HOW ARE WE ENGAGING PEOPLE TO WILLINGLY WANT TO GIVE OF THEIR BEST
- Love what you do do what you love – wow all about emotions and feelings
When asked what do I do as an HR professional the answer is simple.
I change behavior so that I can develop the organization to be the most profitable it can be; AND the people within that business can reach the height of their creativity.
Oh I hear you say we need data, we have to have safe practices, and we need to work within all legal employment constraints. OFF COURSE WE DO.
But when we forget that it is through the 6 points above that the real work is done then all we are doing is fiddling while Rome burns!! And HR has little value!
HR is about artistry lets not forget humans are people with emotions and focusing on that is the whole purpose of what we do. (For some of us!)
So HR needs artists, for it is they who will differentiate the good from the great and the Ok from the outstanding.
Which kind of HR are you?
Picture courtesy of peoplepuzzlepieces.wordpress.com
Incredible so that you can give you’re very best to
Loving and kind and do good deeds to
Turn reading into thoughts and thoughts into deeds and make those deeds count, make 2014 the greatest year yet!
Picture courtesy of lauraconnell.com
Reflection is good but who we are is defined by what we do today and tomorrow
AND not for ourselves but for what we do for others.
It is true OK and FINE is good enough for many people. It will not change the world though.
For many people OK and FINE keeps them where they are today and that for some is simply surviving.
The human soul endures much heartache.
So while we think about our resolutions and what 2014 are all about here are some thoughts.
- Developing positive relationships every day develops positive heart connections
- Do a kind act whenever you can
- Nothing ever really happens without someone else
- So thank them
- It has never been about ME
- Remember there are others too who got you where you are
- Remember that if you are not about achieving GREAT
- You will always give lesser than those around you deserve
- Trusting to be different
- Brings excitement and energy to all who know you
- Faith overcomes fear
- Know that going into the unknown is life
Let’s make 2014 a great year for someone else for when we can do that we know there was a purpose and know
when we did this we also achieved more than we thought for ourselves.
Picture courtesy of
At this time of year when we take time out for the holiday season it is often a time when we reflect on… memories of yesteryear.
Memories of life long ago, of the good times and the struggles.
It makes no difference how old we are.
Of people we met and those that we lost.
Of dreams we had and intentions and determinations.
Of hopes and desires.
Life is not something that we can ever determine no matter how hard we plan.
Life is for the living and never for the winning.
Life makes us who we are.
No matter who we are or what has become of us.
Whatever happened along the way will remain with us forever.
Memories are forever.
Memories deliver the moments that seem it was just like yesterday